GUIDE TO THE BEST PRIVATE SCHOOLS IN ONTARIO
Private Elementary, Secondary and Montessori Schools
Children from private elementary schools, private secondary schools or Montessori schools are typically ahead of their co-students in university. They also find success in their careers more easily. A specially designed curriculum, child-centered environment and skilled teachers contribute to this personal, social and intellectual excellence.
Montessori and private schools in Toronto and all over Ontario have a distinct edge over the traditional education system because they…
- Provide an intellectually stimulating environment that develops curiosity and enhances problem solving abilities
- Include a well-balanced curriculum that gives equal importance to art, music and culture
- Offer an accelerated pace that caters to the child’s interest and ability
- Have experienced teachers who are trained to guide and mentor rather than lead
- Employ a variety of specially designed materials that focus on hands-on learning
- Encourage students to explore their potential rather than sit at a desk and listen to instruction
- Support and encourage mixed groups where students learn easily from peers and older children
- Instil self-discipline and proper work habits from an early age
- Teach respect for one another and the environment
- Develop leadership skills
- Promote social responsibility and community involvement
More and more parents are opting for private Montessori schools in Toronto and all over the world because of the personalized care, quality education and head start they provide students.
Here’s a list of the top private schools in Ontario:
- Appleby College, Oakville, ON: Co-ed, day school Gr 7- 12, boarding Gr 9-12
- Branksome Hall, Toronto, ON: Girls, K-12,
- International Baccalaureate, day and boarding school
- Crescent School, Toronto, ON: Boys, Gr 3-12
- Havergal College, Toronto, ON: Girls, JK – Gr 12, day and boarding school
- St. Clement’s School, Toronto, ON: Girls, Gr 1-12
- The Bishop Strachan School, Toronto, ON: Girls, day school K-12, boarding Gr 7-12
- Cornerstone Montessori Prep School, Toronto, ON: Co-ed, Pre-K – 12
- University of Toronto Schools, Toronto, ON: Co-ed, day school, Gr 7 – 12
- Upper Canada College, Toronto, ON: Boys, K – 12, International Baccalaureate boarding school
- Lakefield College School, Lakefield, ON: Co-ed, day school Gr 7 – 12, boarding Gr 9-12
- Ridley College, St. Catharines, ON: Co-ed, day school Gr 1-12, boarding Gr 5-12
- s College, Aurora, ON: Boys, Gr 6 -12, day and boarding schoo
- Trinity College School, Port Hope, ON: Co-ed, Gr 5 – 12, day and boarding school
Toronto’s Best Kept Secret for Academic Excellence
Cornerstone Montessori Prep School, Toronto offers an accelerated education program that empowers students with advanced critical thinking, problem solving and leadership skills.
This private Christian school for preschoolers and Grades 1-12 combines the extremely successful Montessori philosophy with faith-based education. The result is a set of motivated and highly accomplished individuals who are driven by their passion to succeed.
A carefully designed curriculum offers a well-balanced mix of language education, math, social sciences, culture and music. We place emphasis on respect, discipline, social and environmental responsibility as well as community involvement. Pre-Kindergarten or grade school, our experienced teachers focus on academic and personal development. We also provide ESL classes as part of our curriculum and run a summer school program to help our students always stay ahead.
For the past 10 years we have successfully helped shape dynamic and responsible young men and women.
Contact us to schedule a visit to our Toronto Montessori school.
“Cornerstone is a really good school and the academics are pretty strong. I like the way that the teachers help one-on-one to improve the standards of my children. Cornerstone has developed my children’s standards.”
– U.V., PARENT